Mother’s Day cards are starting to line the shelves and it’s time to think about that very special greeting card purchase!
But once you’ve found your perfect card, what do you write inside? How much is ‘too much’? Is a writing a simple “Happy Mother’s Day” too throwaway?
Don’t worry, as our card writers are on hand to share their top 5 tips to make that special person feel extra-loved and appreciated this Mother’s Day…
What to Write in a Mother’s Day Card – Keep it simple
Sometimes less is more. Keeping it short and simple doesn’t make the card any less special.
- Have the best Mother’s Day!
- Relax and put your feet up.
- You’re the best!
- Love you, Mum.
What to Write in a Mother’s Day Card – Tell her she’s appreciated
No matter who she is to you, tell her how much she’s appreciated for both the big and little things she does.
- Thank you for all the taxi services.
- So grateful to have a grandma like you!
- Thanks for being the best mum ever!
- Thank you for making such a difference in my life.
What to Write in a Mother’s Day Card – Don’t be afraid to write a bit more
It can feel a bit daunting to list all the reasons why she means so much to you, so maybe just touch on one or two and give some examples. Thank your mum for all the times she was there for you growing up, tell your wife how lucky your family is to have her or simply remind your grandma how special it is to spend time with her. The trick is to make it personal to both of you.
- All the times we spend together remind me how lucky I am you’re a part of my life!
- Thanks for always being there – no matter what.
- Every memory of you makes me smile!
What to Write in a Mother’s Day Card – Make her laugh
If in doubt, make her smile – it doesn’t matter if it’s a silly joke or one that’s personal to your relationship.
- Today is all about you… but tomorrow, it’s back to normal!
- Never mind a card, you deserve a medal!
- Thanks for not embarrassing me too much.
- Happy Feet Up and Do Nothing Day!
Remember, whatever you decide to write, just giving her a card already shows you care. Because on Mother’s Day, most of these wonderful women just want to be told that they’re appreciated, loved and somebody special.
Why not have a browse through our amazing selection of cards HERE
UK Greetings are a greeting card company who are committed to taking care of our planet and the people who live on it. Click here to find out more About Us.